Dive Reports 13 and 14 May

What a difference twenty-four hours can make! On Tuesday we dived the east bridge in fifteen to twenty feet of vis in seventy-eight degree water. Beautiful dive. It was octopus day! We saw four of various sizes. I'm always fascinated by them. Wednesday brought BIG swells from the northeast and with them eight feet (that may be stretching it) of vis. I had a young open water student with me who did a fabulous job of staying right by my side, because she is skilled; she wasn't scared. Mother Nature was telling us to look at the little stuff that is up close and that is just what we did. Juvenile highhats, a tiny gray angel juvenile, a small octopus, several blennies, and many other little critters delighted us. I love taking new, enthusiastic divers to the bridge. The parents of this young diver have a smart, skilled new diver with whom to share their diving passion. I love this job (most of the time!) Get in the water, Ham