Dive Report 23 June

Water temperatures varied from seventy-eight to eighty-four! I was actually shivering at one point. We dived the east bridge as there were only two or three fishermen on the bridge and my students said they were up for a little exercise. We entered the water from west of the swimming area and swam our way over to the little east bridge going under the moored sailboats. It is often worth the swim as we frequently see some interesting critters. This time it was a web burrfish just hanging around an indentation in the sand. It let us get a close look without leaving. The schools of baitfish under the bridge were enormous. Interestingly, I saw no barracuda under the bridge; I think that is the first time I have not seen them there. We saw a ten-inch pale yellow eel behaving as sharptail eels hunt and feed so I believe it was a sharptail juvenile. As on Sunday, we finished our one hour sixteen minute dive, got the gear in the car, and the heavens opened with a light show. Good timing (maybe luck). I have to mention that one of the students, after swimming to and from the east bridge around the swim area, returned with 2100psi. I couldn't believe it. It was certainly better than I did! Get in the water, Ham