Dive Report 2 August



The temperature was eighty-four today and the vis was a milky fifteen feet, quite a change from a few days ago. I don't know if the southwest wind has anything to do with it, but it was certainly different. At the boat channel we could see a thermocline-like shimmer and we could feel colder water mixing with the warmer water. Something is brewing it appears. Even with a couple of degrees colder, my three students and I were quite comfortable for our one hour, twenty minute dive. Two of my students wore shirts, one wore a three millimeter wetsuit, and I wore a dive skin. The octopuses entertained us and we found the batfish about one hundred feet west of where it was on Sunday, if it is the same one. There were very few divers at the Bridge today which made it all the nicer for us. Get in the water, Ham