Dive Report 14 February

Gorgeous Valentine's Day at the Bridge! First, we owned it; there may have been four other people there. We saw one diver during our one hour dive under the west bridge and fishing pier. The water temperature was an uncommonly-warm-for-February seventy-five degrees. Carrie was in a 5mm wetsuit with a 3mm hooded vest and was toasty for the whole dive. I'm still dry this time of year, but a 5mm would have been fine for me, too. Vis was in the 20' to 30' range in the bright sun. The highlight of the dive was four inch long shortnose batfish juvenile just off the beach where we enter the water. I'm testing my camera case for leaks so I didn't have the camera with me. Of course! Oh well, Carrie and I are back to the Bridge on Friday to conduct a refresher. The 4:41 high tide and a warm weather forecast should make it a sweet time to dive. Get in the water, Ham