Dive Report 15 December

This close-range photo of my student tells the story, very short vis. It was never more than four or five feet. We were doing an Advanced Open Water navigation dive so the short vis did not stop us; the compass was more important than usual. We really could not see much. After doing the skill work just south of the east bridge we ventured under the bridge into the shortest vis I have experienced there. A couple of snook ran into us otherwise we would not have seen them. We swam under the bridge, turned around, and swam out from under the bridge. There was not much reason to be there. The water temperature was seventy-five at its coldest although much of the time my computer indicated the temperature at seventy-seven. Despite the short vis we still did a one hour, twenty-five minute dive. I was very comfortable in my five millimeter suit and hooded vest. If you really need to get in the water, it is doable. Get in the water, Ham