Dive Report 13 February

The wind was blowing hard from the south southwest, but underwater at the east bridge it was nice; we had between ten to fifteen feet of vis in seventy-three degree water. Carrie, two other divers, and I went east from the beach along the rock piles looking for the jackknife fish I saw several weeks ago. No luck. We saw a nice flying gurnard, but it would have none of the camera. Many of the usual suspects were under the east bridge with the exception of the snook; we saw none. At slack tide we turned southwest back toward the rock piles to go around the swim area. Just west of the rock pile where I saw the jackknife last time we struck gold - the beautiful jackknife pictured. It was really quite cooperative; I'm just not particularly good with the camera. Nevertheless, it gave me the shot here. A great dive! I was in my drysuit for the one hour, twenty-eight minute dive and very comfortable. Carrie wore her five millimeter suit with a 3mm hooded vest; she was chilled at about the one hour mark. Lunch at the Ale House with friends topped off a fabulous day! Get in the water, Ham