Dive Report 6 October


Even as a kid I didn't like pea soup. I still don't like it especially when I'm taking open water students diving in it. We had ten feet (that might be stretching it) of vis. Carrie calls it "limited vis". The vis offshore has been in the eighty feet range lately so I expected the vis at the bridge to be pretty good. I was expecting the fast ball and got thrown a curve. But again, as in the past weeks, if we look close we see incredible wonders. The little juvenile cornetfish was still on the "new wreck". We saw some juvenile french and gray angelfish. Tiny ones! Flying gurnards showed us their beautiful wings. Our students had a wonderful time! I suppose I forget sometimes how great it is to just be under water on SCUBA. My nemesis, EXPECTATION, sometimes sneaks into my mind when I'm not paying attention. It WAS a great day under water! Our bottom time was 1:13 in eighty-two degree water. What a wonderful office I have. Get in the water, Ham