Dive Report 19 March

The water temperature was seventy-five degrees today for our one hour, twenty minutes dive under the little east bridge. The vis was only about ten to fifteen feet, but there were scores of spadefish and bermuda chub to meet us. A nice school of about a dozen snook were hanging around the little wreck that is just to the east of the sailboat wreck. One diver in our group of three saw two octopi; my eyes are getting old because I missed them. We all saw the shortnose batfish though and a small sharptail eel. The two divers with me were wearing only 3mm suits and were not cold after our one hour plus dive. In my 5mm I was absolutely toasty and seriously considering switching to my 3mm. Carrie took a young student on a Discover Scuba dive for 55 minutes. He was wearing a 3mm suit and a shorty. He was very comfortable. It was a nice day for diving at the bridge.
Please note that the Jupiter Dive Center has a super sale on right now. ScubaPro M16 first stage regulators matched with either an R190 or a G250HP (I have several of these!) second stage are drastically reduced. Premium ScubaPro rental bcds (Ladyhawks and Knighthawks) are at fantastic prices with a one-year service warranty. For those really into computers there are ScubaPro Galileo Terras (I have one), and Smart Z computers with transmitters at very low sale prices. 2007 ScubaPro Everflex wetsuits (best material in a wetsuit I have ever experienced) are 75% off. These are in limited quantities. Finally, Kinetix and VCA fins are 40% off. This is a great opportunity to own premium dive gear. With the water getting warmer by the week, it is time to think about getting back in the water. It is that much nicer with new gear! Treat yourself to new toys! Get in the water, Ham