Dive Report 31 May


A GOLIATH GROUPER UNDER THE BIG BRIDGE! Really! Honest! I couldn't believe it myself. After all the dives we have done there this is the first time I've seen a goliath grouper there. It was inside the pilings in the second set out from the beach. Unbelieveable! It was between three and four feet long; compared to the offshore goliaths this one was a baby. Nevertheless, what a fish! I hope it doesn't eat all the other fish. We also saw a frogfish, AGAIN! We saw a huge southern ray, and on the way back to the beach we saw a seahorse. The water temperature out at the channel was seventy-nine. The vis varied between fifteen feet to very short after slack tide. We had a dive time of one hour, nine minutes. We were all in three mm suits and I believe nobody was even cool. What a great day in the water. Get in the water, Ham