Dive Report 24 December










Enjoying twenty to thirty feet of vis at the bridge on a sunny day was a great way to spend Christmas Eve day. The little spotted eagle rays are being very cooperative as they are being spotted by many divers. My Discover Scuba students and I saw one out by the channel and one by the seawall by the beach. Errin and Tobin captured one in the accompanying photo. Michele and Norman saw one under the fishing pier. Marv Caples saw three together off the beach where the "Sumar" and "Boondogle" are moored. This was the third dive in a row for sighting the eagle rays! My computer registered seventy-five degrees for the entire dive. No seventy-sevens. In my 5mm suit I was very comfortable, but those in 3mm suits were chilled at the end of an hour dive. We did a fifty-seven minute bottom time and both of my students were cold. Scorpionfish are everywhere. Spotted eels are being seen in many places. We watched an eel and a scorpionfish argue over territory on the south side of the solid bridge support. No boats went offshore, too rough. Nobody, I am happy to report, was seasick at the bridge. Get in the water, Ham