Dive Report 6 May



A late night with open water students at the shop last night meant no blog until now. We had a full day at the pool today so this report is a little late. Friday at the bridge was gorgeous. The vis was better than twenty feet off the beach and the water temperature was seventy-nine. We did a one hour, seventeen minute dive. My student in a 3mm wetsuit was comfortable. Because of some recent work on my back by my dermatologist I dived dry. I wore the thinnest undersuit I have and was very comfortable. It was octopus day as we saw six of them. It seemed every pipe and hole had an octopus in it. It's fascinating to watch them change color. I tried to get one to come out and play tug-of-war, but it was pretty shy. Diving on weekday mornings is so nice at Phil Foster; we had the place almost to ourselves. I'm back at the Park on Sunday with students for a 12:31 high tide; we will NOT have the place almost to ourselves. Oh well, I'll still be in the water. Get in the water, Ham