Dive Report 18 January


ANOTHER fabulous day at the bridge! Three open water students, a parent, and long-time bridge buddy, Tobin, and I were at the bridge for a 10:01 high tide on a bright, sunny day. The water temperature bounced between seventy-one and seventy-two degrees; I was toasty in my 5mm wetsuit and 3mm hooded vest for the fifty-five minute dive, but one of my students in a 3mm was quite cold at the end. Nevertheless, it was worth it because with twenty feet of vis we saw some spectacular critters. Tobin's photos of the manatee and the seahorse accompany this report. Many thanks to him for sharing them. He had some great pictures of a school of horse-eye jacks, too. I was preoccupied with watching my students and going through the skill sets, but we still ran right into two spotted eagle rays foraging for breakfast. We have seen the eagle rays and the manatees the last several times we've been at the bridge. What an incredible place! Get in the water, Ham