Dive Report 3 January


It wasn't really muddy water; it was sandy water. Anyway we had four feet of vis today in sixty-eight degree water. Big change from yesterday! My open water student was here for just two days so we had to get it done and that we did in really lousy conditions. No choice. It was great practice for the lost buddy procedure. I probably should have used a tether; I've actually seen instructors do that at the bridge. We got a few more inches of vis out at the channel and were able to see a polkadot batfish on our way back to the beach. I have to give my student credit for being tough and determined. In two three millimeter wetsuits she said that the one hour dive time was still comfortable. I was toasty in my drysuit. Once in a while we get a more challenging dive; that is what makes the beautiful ones so special. Get in the water, Ham