Dive Report 29 July




I thought the parking lot might be jammed with mini-season lobster hunters, but there were only a few cars there. The visibility was again 40' plus and the water temperature was 84. Carrie, a fellow diver, Jim, my two open water students, and I were wearing only dive skins for our one hour, twenty-six minute dive. No one mentioned being cool. Out by the boat channel in "the canyon" I saw dive friend Mike taking pictures. I knew he wouldn't be taking a picture unless he had something very special. Looking at his subject I saw a stargazer on top of the sand! Mike later identified it as a northern stargazer. I've seen them buried in the sand at the bridge and I've seen them swimming at the bridge, but this one stayed stationary for us as we took photos! Absolutely incredible! Two batfish cooperated with the camera as well. Warm, clear water with good friends...great day to be diving. Get in the water, Ham