Dive Report 15 October

I haven't forsaken the Bridge for the beautiful Catskill Mountains, but that is where I was last week picking apples surrounded by the spectacular fall foliage. It's nice to be back in the water which is why I'm in Florida in the first place (it certainly isn't because I enjoy driving here!) Anyway, the conditions at the Bridge were fabulous. My advanced open water student and I enjoyed twenty feet of vis in eighty-two degree water. With the wind freshening out of the east northeast we were protected from any chop by Singer Island. I didn't feel the least bit green. On top of that, after a closing of the swimming area because of a high bacterial count earlier in the week (a nice way of saying what we all know is not so nice), Phil Foster had a clean bill of health today, no warnings. My student and I navigated around the swim area to the east bridge to practice search and recovery skills. It was simply a nice day to be there. The morning high tide made the parking easy; that is always a plus. In a three millimeter wetsuit I was very comfortable for our one hour, thirty-five minute dive. Get in the water, Ham