Dive Report 19 October

Better than I thought it would be! With all the rain and a strong southwest wind creating a light chop I thought the vis would be very short. The water was green; my guess is that the rain water had much to do with that. Nevertheless, a student and I had ten feet of vis in eighty-one degree water for our one hour, ten minute dive. We were practicing in double steel tanks so we elected to go underwater around the swim area to the east bridge. (We certainly had plenty of gas!) On the way over I spotted the tail of a stargazer. I was hoping to gently brush away some of the sand so we could see its face, but it took off and kept on going. No picture. The rest of our session was spent blowing surface marker bouys and making very controlled ascents so I didn't really notice any critters other than the usual gang of suspects. There might have been six other divers at Phil Foster. I saw at least four. The weekdays are so sweet, especially with light rain showers. We owned the place! Get in the water, Ham