Dive Report 31 October



It wasn't much of a dive; sixteen minutes. With record October rainfall and strong winds creating rough seas offshore, I didn't expect good vis. It wasn't good vis, but eight inches was too short to make more than sixteen minutes worthwhile. I wanted my student to experience the feel of being in doubles and we did that; staying longer would have been pointless. It was all we could do to keep track of each other. We went out to a depth of six feet, turned to the west and proceeded about two hundred feet, turned around to the east retracing our route, and exited. Sixteen minutes. The water temperature was seventy-nine. I have a bridge dive scheduled for Thursday, but I am going to postpone it for a week to let the seas calm down and to let the rain water settle. When it clears...Get in the water, Ham