Dive Report 20 October


Need I say more? The great stretch of fabulous conditions we have had at the bridge are subject to the same law of nature as everything else material in the universe, CHANGE. Our vis today was between three and four feet, five would be stretching it, a lot. The water temperature was seventy-nine and I was very glad I chose my 3mm suit rather than my dive skin for our sixty-three minute dive. My open water student has only two days to do the dives so into the soup we went. We did see a batfish very up close. It was a great day to test navigation skills, too. Not being able to see meant we really had to rely on the compass. We're at the little east bridge tomorrow. With a forecast of 5' to 7' seas tomorrow, the vis probably won't be any better. As long as I can see my compass we'll be able to do the dive. Get in the water (maybe this weekend?), Ham