Dive Report 8 October


I think the warning about winter coming was premature. With an air temperature of ninety today and a water temperature of eighty-six, it certainly felt like the middle of summer. The bridge experience started with assisting a young couple in jump-starting their car. (I can't remember how many times I have needed that assistance. Nice to be able to return the favor.) My open water student and I followed the usual training route out to the boat channel. At the surface following our alternate air source ascent she asked me if I had seen the manatee. Apparently, the beast swam right next to me and I never saw it! Rats! My student assumed I had seen it and didn't think it any big deal. Oh well. We still had a very nice dive in surprisingly short vis of no more than ten feet. With an east wind I expected better. After one hour, twelve minutes I was no where close to feeling a chill wearing just a dive skin and a .5mm hooded vest. Get in the water, Ham