Dive Report 13 May


What a gorgeous morning for a dive! The 8:22 high tide was perfect. We were at the bridge at 7:15 watching a bright sun rise over the tall buildings on Singer Island. The air temperature was about seventy-five with only a gentle easterly breeze. Our vis was in excess of twenty feet. The water temperature was eighty-one. Again, there were octopuses all over the dive site. We saw six of them. Our real present was the little seahorse in the grass just off the beach in about six feet of water. In my 5mm suit I was absolutely toasty. My student in a 3mm suit was very comfortable for our one hour, eleven minute dive. From the bridge my student went to work; I went to Dunkin' Donuts for a couple of bagels and a big cup of coffee. What a great way to start the day! Get in the water, Ham