Dive Report 2 Sept


The short vis was bound to come after all the turmoil offshore from Danielle and Earl. We had only between 6' and 8' of vis, but that did not affect the enthusiasm of a very excited twelve year old who just wanted to dive, no matter what. I love that kind of energy and I really enjoy diving with children who are so excited to be on this great adventure. This motivated young boy brought his father along with him into the open water class. I much prefer to see the child bringing the parent rather than the parent bringing the child; it makes an enormous difference in the experience for the child. Anyway, everything we saw, including a bandtail searobin and a sharptail eel, was up close. My young buddy pointed out EVERYTHING with great excitement. He was a very good buddy, staying by my side throughout the dive, but not on top of me. My young student was in a 3mm wetsuit for our one hour, three minute dive and was very comfortable. His father, Carrie, and I did not wear wetsuits and were very comfortable in the eighty-six degree water. We can learn much from children; it can all be new if we see as a child sees. Get in the water, Ham