Dive Report 25 September




If you didn't mind riding the commuter train at rush hour, you wouldn't have minded diving at Blue Heron Blvd. Bridge. Carrie, a diving friend, Jan, an open water student and I entered the water about forty-five minutes before slack high tide. Off the beach the vis was maybe fifteen feet in eighty-four degree water. None of us were in wetsuits for our one hour, nineteen minute dive. (Carrie and Jan did an hour, twenty-nine minutes). I wasn't even cool; it was very comfortable. But once the Mongolian hordes came crashing in from across the Asian steppe, the vis fell off dramatically as did the elbow room. It was so crowded at the boat channel we opted to not go through "the canyon" for fear of becoming wedged in there with the four hundred twelve other divers who were all trying to go through at the same time. We'll have to establish a maximun occupancy for that area. Ah, for the weekdays! Anyway, despite the somewhat crowded conditions we saw some pretty interesting critters. The little web burrfish kept posing for me. "I'm ready for my close-up." It kept turning offering me different angles. I'm used to them skittering away as fast as they can go. Not this one. It was in love with the camera. Great fun. Get in the water, Ham