Dive Report 8 December




I can't believe I have been away from the bridge for almost a month! Today was a great day to get back into it. The water temperature was seventy-three. The vis was a slightly milky twenty to thirty feet. With a bright sun and virtually no clouds I could see quite well. I had three spotted eagle ray sightings. I don't know if I was seeing two or three of them as I saw them singly at different times of the one hour dive. The searobin (I'm not sure which species) seems to almost always be at the corner just off the seawall foraging in the sand. We have seen it there very consistently. It's also rare to do a bridge dive without seeing a sharptail eel. I had to take the lobster picture just under the fishing pier. My picture of the eagle ray wasn't particularly good as none of them came close and the water was milky. Only two other divers were there. I expect they were comfortable until they got out of the water into the stiff breeze from the north in an air temperature of about 45! They made some loud noises as they scooted pretty fast from the water to their car where they just about ripped off their wetsuits. In my drysuit (I'm too old to be uncomfortable) neither the water temperature nor the air temperature and windchill factor were a concern. The diving is great (and VERY few are there) if you have the exposure suit and routine for dealing with cold air temperatures. Get in the water, Ham