Dive Report 13 September

I had beautiful conditions at the bridge. The vis was thirty feet and the water temperature was eighty-six. Most importantly, there were maybe eight other divers. I was practicing skill sets with my steel doubles so I didn't bring my camera. Without the camera, of course, I saw a spotted eagle ray, a mantis shrimp, seven little squid hovering like a squadron of mini-spaceships, two species of searobins (I'm not sure which ones), four yellow garden eels (occasional Florida), and the resident octopus in the pvc pipe south of the bridge. There were two, probably, bluethroat pikeblennies having their breakfast. They were fascinating to watch as were the garden eels. Off the beach on the flood side of the tide I saw only one or two moon jellyfish. After slack high tide on the ebb I saw quite a few moon jellyfish under the bridge. I had one very minor sting that was hardly a sting at all. As I moved to the east off the beach toward the end of my two hour, one minute dive (in steel 108 doubles I could have remained until noon Friday...of NEXT week), there were almost no moon jellyfish. They seem to be more prevalent out near the boat channel and under the bridge in the main flow of the tide. A weekday dive on a 9:33 high tide is a very pleasant way to start the day. Get in the water, Ham