Dive Report 31 March

Gorgeous afternoon for a dive! Water temperature 77 degrees! The visability was a milky ten feet, perfect for the missing diver exercise for my rescue student. Our "missing diver" is the bicycle between the second and third set of columns under the big bridge. Once the bicycle is found, I become the unresponsive diver. (I've been informed I'm not particularly responsive anyway so this role suits me.) My student found a little octopus, too. We also searched for and found easily the small center-console open boat that is on the bottom just to the south south east of the second sunken sailboat you can see from the beach. It's only about seventy-five feet away, but be careful if you go looking for it underwater as you are headed for the main boat channel. You don't want to overshoot the wreck and end up in the boat channel!! We snorkeled to it and then descended to check it out. I've been told there is one more just to the west of that one. I'll let you know. Eighty-five minutes of bottom time and not even a chill. Get in the water! Ham