Dive Report 11 August




Yes, from time to time I live at the bridge. What a fun day today. My open water students were very comfortable in the water and we looked everywhere at everything. It's so much fun once students move beyond survival mode. The water was eighty-two degrees. The vis was between fifteen and twenty feet. In 3mm full suits all divers were very comfortable for our one hour, fifteen minute dive. The bright sun made the good vis all the better. Three of our open water students ages 10, 12, and 14, were all over the dive site. The excitement of seeing so much meant lapses in awareness of buddy proximity; Carrie got a good work out keeping the students corralled. As a buoyancy exercise to end the flapping of hands, I gave two of the students a camera to share. One of the students took the picture of the manatee. What an incredible thrill. One of the students also took the octopus picture. I wish I had more cameras to loan. You should see their trim and buoyancy now. Carrie and I feel like grandparents; we get to play with the kids and then return them to their parents. I love it. Get in the water, Ham