Dive Report 17August


It was warmer than I thought it would be! Having experienced somewhat cold water for this time of year offshore on Monday, I thought it might be in the seventies at the bridge. I brought my 3mm suit and wore it, and BAKED. The water temperature ranged between 84 and 86. I would have much preferred a dive skin. Nevertheless, my two open water students wore full 3mm suits and we pretty much figured out proper weighting. That is nice to know before a boat dive which we are doing tomorrow. It's much more convenient to play with weight at the bridge. Vis was between 10' and 15', not great, but we still saw a batfish, a pipefish, a sharptail eel, a bandtail searobin, an octopus, and a good-sized southern ray. I don't know if the first day of school in Palm Beach county had anything to do with it, but there were very few people at the bridge for the 3:28 high tide. It was very nice having most of it to ourselves. Get in the water, Ham