Dive Report 19 August


Eighty-six degrees and ten to fifteen feet of vis made for a very pleasant one hour, twenty-six minute dive. We saw only a few snorkelers on our dive. To be at the southern end of the boat channel pilings at slack high tide we did the "Michele route" which starts under the eastern end of the fishing pier and goes west and then south through "the canyon". The late afternoon sunshine made it a gorgeous time to be in the water. I was testing my buoyancy in a 3mm suit and my heavy steel doubles. I would rather have been in a dive skin, but I need to get a feel for the doubles and a wetsuit. I wanted to try my 5mm suit, but that would have been unbearably warm. Carrie took the pictures. She got this nice one of a balloonfish. We saw what we are pretty sure was a yellow garden eel just off the beach southeast of the playground. I am going to try to relocate it for a photograph. Always something new at the bridge. Get in the water, Ham