Dive Report 28 August




What a beautiful day for a bridge dive and a picnic! Carrie, an open water student, and I entered the water at about 10:30 for an 11:15 high tide. Off the beach the vis was close to thirty feet. This was, of course, before 4,562,891 student divers entered the water. (I'm pretty sure of my count; two others had the same number.) I have never seen so many dive flags in the water. With a water temperature of 86 we didn't wear wetsuits; dive skins were adequate for our one hour, twenty minute dive. I would have stayed in the water longer, but I was afraid if I did that there wouldn't have been any hotdogs or hamburgers left at the Jupiter Drift Divers picnic. As it was I got there just in time for a hamburger. (Thank you, Stan, for saving me one!) The picnic was well-attended. Lots of goodies to eat. It was a very pleasant way to spend the middle of the day, great dive and good friends. Our gift from the Bridge was a frogfish! Carrie found it and then pointed it out to a photographer. Once he started to take pictures the line of photographers started. I was third in line as I patiently waited for the two in front of me to complete their portfolios of 5000+ pictures each. It was a good exercise in buoyancy for my student as I instructed him to not touch the bottom while we waited. By the end of the wait the kid not only had good buoyancy, but his trim was pretty good, too. Carrie graciously took the camera before we ran over our three hour nitrogen loading limit and got the attached photo. I love the Bridge! Get in the water, Ham